Image Courtesy of WhatsApp.com
But on iOS it is supported only on iPhone for obvious reasons. Which leaves iOS' iPod touch and iPad users.
There are over hundreds of workarounds to get over this but most of them require to jailbreak the device. We have discovered another workaround which doesn't require the device to be jailbroken. Now Whatsapp on iOS has gone free with annual subscription mode (First year free & $0.99/year after).
1. Get your Whatsapp from iTunes App Store via this link.
2. Download iTools (Mac/Win).
2. Connect your iPod touch or iPad.
3. Under your device's tab (on left-side menu), select Apps section.
4. Click on 'Install' button in the toolbar and select the IPA file downloaded in first step.
(Mobile Application directory:
Mac OS X 10.7+: ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/
Mac OS X 10.6: ~/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications/
Windows 7+: C:\Users\Username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications\
Note: Remember you’ll still need to enter a 3-digit activation PIN, therefore keep in mind that since it’s a one time process, so you would need a cellphone with text message receiving capabilities. Just input the phone number in WhatsApp on your iPod touch, and the 3-digit PIN will be sent to you.